Dr. Biraj A. Thakker
Head of Department of
Paediatric & Neonatology,
Fellowship in Neonatology
Professional Experience :
- At present: (since November 2015):Consultant neonatologist and director NICU at Aksnkasha hospital and research institute. It is a 17 bedded level III NICU attached with an IVF and surrogacy unit.
- January 2012 to November 2015 : as NICU head, Consultant Neonatologist at Zydus hospitals, Anand.
- January 2011 to December 2011: Fellowship in Neonatology (IAP) under Dr. Mohit Sahni at Nirmal hospital Pvt. Ltd. Surat.
- January 2009 to Dec 2009: Pediatrician at Trumurti hospital, Bavala.
Academic achievement :
National NRP INSTROCTOR: She has bben certified national advanced NRP instructor under IAPNNF FGM project and have been conducting NRP workshops as well as invited as instructor for advanced NRP workshops within and outside GUJARAT.
POINT OF CARE ULTRASOUND: she has been trained in functional Echo and HUS. For last 3 year I am one of the team members of Point of care ultrasound (POC USG) group. We are conducting neonatal POC USG workshops under NNF nationwide.
Recently conducted workshops are:
- April 2017 DMC Ludhiyana
- Feb 2017 Gujneocon, Anand
- Dec 2016 National neocon, INDORE
- March 2016 neohymodynemidcs, Pune
- Dec 2015 National Neocon, Bhuvneshwar
- August 2015 Surat
- Feb 2015 KLE university, Belgaum
- Dec 2014 National Neocon, Patna.
Neosim (SIMULATION TRAINING FOR NEWBORN): she has became one of the faculty member for simulation training for newborn (NEOSIM) for past 1 year after doing TOT for the same.
I have been invited as Instructor for Neosim at
- Akanksha Hospital , anand in Feb 2017
- Vadodara in Sept 2016
- Rajkot in August 2016.
INVITED as a Faculties at various National conferences:
She has been invited as various state conferences and have presented various topics.
She has organized a Gujarat state neonatology conference GUJNEOCON as a organizing secretary in February 2017.
- One of the authors in Chapter ' Tips about maintaining ultrasound machine ', Point of care Neonatal ultrasound Neonatal cardiology, 2nd edition March, 2016.
- Follow up of a NICU graduate: a review article published in IAP bulletin 2016.
- Infant and young child feeding practices among anganwadis Thesis submitted to National Board of Examination.
- Neuro developmental follow-up of the infants who had received Inhaled Nitric Oxide (iNO) over a period of 17 months at single tertiary centre. Thesis submitted to Indian academy of pediatrics neonatology chapter.