Dr. Biraj A. Thakker
Head of Department of
Paediatric & Neonatology,
Fellowship in Neonatology
Professional Experience :
- Pediatrician at Trumurti hospital, Bavala from January 2009 to Dec 2009.
- Fellowship in Neonatology (IAP) under Dr. Mohit Sahni at Nirmal hospital Pvt. Ltd. Surat from January 2011 to December 2011.
- I have also been conducting CMEs in local area for nurses and doctors.
- September 2007, NNF conference at Vadodara, : short term outcome of patients post balloon atrial septostomy in d-TGA.
- 18th June 2011, IAP, Navsari Branch, Vapi : Total parental nutrition in newborns.
- 22nd August 2011, IAP, Surat branch, Surat: Red blood transfusion in preterm and association with NEC and feeding.
- February 2012, Neocon Gujarat at Ahmedabad : Paper presentation (got 2nd prize)- Neurodevelopmental follow-up of the infants who had received Inhaled Nitric Oxide (iNO) over a period of 17 months at single tertiary centre.
Conferences/ workshops attended :
July 2012: Neonatal update, Karamsad as a faculty
February 2012: Gujrat neocon, Ahmedabad
June 2011: Neonatal advance life support, Surat
February 2011: Second national Total parenteral nutrition workshop, Mumbai
April 2006: Pediatric advance life support, Karamsad
August 2006: Asthma Training Workshop by “ Respiratory chapter of Indian Academy of pediatrics” at Karamsad.
- Infant and young child feeding practices among anganwadis Thesis submitted to National Board of Examination.
- Neurodevelopmental follow-up of the infants who had received Inhaled Nitric Oxide (iNO) over a period of 17 months at single tertiary centre. Thesis submitted to Indian academy of pediatrics neonatology chapter.