Home → Blog List→ Blog
Dr. Nayana H. Patel
Surrogacy and Infertility Expert,
Dr. Nayana Patel is medical director of Akanksha Hospital and Research institute, Anand, Gujarat, India. Dr. Patel had started IVF centre “Akanksha infertility and IVF Clinic” in small town of Gujarat in 1991, to give a helping hand with modern techniques to many infertile couples. Since then till now more than 6000 IVF babies are born by her treatment. She started treatment with surrogacy since 2003. The first surrogacy case of Dr. Patel was Asia’s first and world’s 5th case of surrogate grandmother. Her practice in field of IVF and surrogacy is well recognized globally.
Dr. Nayna Patel has passed her MBBS and MD with five gold medals. She has attended the scientific programme and IVF workshops at National University, Singapore in 1996. She has been to various IVF centres of USA, South Korea, UK etc. for training in the field of IVF technology.
Professional Experience :
· Medical Director at Sat. Kaival Hospital Pvt.Ltd. & Akansha Infertility and IVF Clinic, Anand, Gujarat-388001, India.
· Honourable visiting Gynaecologist at S.P. University since 1991.
· Asst. Prof at P.S. Medical College, Karamsad – 1987 – 90.
· Asst. Prof. at M.P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar – 1986 – 87.
· Akanksha Infertility and IVF Clinic was the first surrogate services centre of India on a large scale.
· Total 1400 surrogate babies are born by treatment of Dr. Patel, till March, 2019.
· She has been internationally acclaimed for this IVF Surrogacy work, wherein the surrogate gets an opportunity to help the infertile couple as well as get financial compensation.
· Dr. Patel's first case for surrogacy was Asia’s 1st & World’s 5th case of surrogate grandmother, who delivered twins on 18/01/2004. In this historical event the couple’s embryos were implanted in the patient’s mother as the patient had MRKH syndrome (hypo plastic uterus). This case has been widely covered by the world new services, print & electronic media. BBC has done a documentary on this case.
· Couples of more than 45 countries have been blessed with babies through surrogacy treatment by Dr. Patel.
Honor’s Felicitations & References :
· IMA Gujarat has awarded her with the "Dr. Shobhanaben A. Shah Rotating Trophy" for Year 2006 – 07 for best Social work by a medical practitioner.
· The former Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shree. Narendra Modi had invited her to honour her at the district "Mahila Sammelan" on 27th July, at Ode.
· Dr. Nayna Patel was selected as President of State Obst. & Gynaec society of Gujarat (SOGOG), for the year 2010.
· Dr. Nayana Patel was felicitated by GCCI (Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry) on 8th March 2009 (Women’s Day) by Minister Mrs. Anandiben Patel.
· Dr. Patel was invited in "Oprah Winfery Show" –9th October 2007.
· Dr. Patel has also been invited at show HardTalk.
· Dr. Patel has invited as a speaker in TEDTalk.
· Among numbers of documentaries featuring her work in surrogacy, the well-known are “Womb of the World” by National Geographic, "House of Surrogates" By BBC.
· CNN, Star TV, Zee, Aaj Tak, NDTV etc. have shown her work. Dr. Patel was called for interview by Zee Sangini for Gujarat Day, where in 7 leading ladies of Gujarat were honoured along with Dr. Nayana Patel. Magazines like Abhiyan, Chitralekha, The week, India Today, Eve magazine – London, Maclean – Canada, Mariclaire – USA have published article on her work.
· "Miss. Phul Gulabi", a Gujarati two Act play has also been made on Dr. Nayna Patel and her work on surrogacy, written by Mr. Nausil Mehta and Directed by Mr. Vipul Shah.
· "Asha Nu Antim Kiran" and "The Last Ray of Hope", books written by Mr. Karshan Bhadarka on Dr. Patel’s work, were launched in March and July 2009.
· Dr. Patel has delivered lectures on surrogacy and infertility in National and International conferences.
19 Sep 2019
07 Aug 2019
29 Jul 2019
16 May 2019
13 May 2019
13 May 2019
13 May 2019
10 May 2019
01 May 2019
24 Apr 2019